Charles Monger Scholarship Program Deadline March 31, 2018
For many years, the Meridian Masonic Lodge has awarded scholarships to graduating seniors of Kuna and Meridian high schools who enrolled in college the following semester. In 2008, the scholarship program was named in honor of Charles Monger, whose dedication was instrumental to its success and is an inspiration to future generations.
The Charles Monger Scholarship Program is open to any graduating high school senior graduating from a West Ada or Kuna school district high school. Local members of Job’s Daughters International, DeMolay of Idaho, and International Order of Rainbow for Girls are also eligible. To receive the award, scholarship winners must matriculate in an institution of higher learning the term immediately following their graduation. Special circumstances may apply. Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $500. The number of awards will depend each year on the amount of funds available.
Evaluation Criteria (in order of importance)
- Selection will be based primarily upon an essay written by the applicant. The topic may vary from year to year.
- A record of activities engaged in during high school, including awards, extra curricular activities and projects, community service and/or personal achievement.
- A written recommendation/character reference from a teacher or counselor will be required.
- Awards are not based on grades, but all applicants must show that they are capable of continuing a post-high school education. Evidence includes:
- A full transcript of high school grades, including the most recently completed semester.
- Copies of ACT, SAT, or other entrance scores as applicable.
- Financial need may be a factor if judging is close.
- Applications will only be accepted by emailing: [email protected]
- Applicants will need to compose an essay on the topic: "Why advanced education is important and how it will affect my future plans to my family, community, and country." The essay should be between 500 and 600 words. There is a field on the application form for submission of the essay.
- Electronic applications must be time-stamped by March 31, 2018.
- The applicant will be responsible for informing the selection committee of the address of the financial aid office of the college or school where he/she has matriculated.